Personal Data Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement tells you:
- The personal data we hold on you
- What we do with your personal data
- Your rights under the Data Protection rules
You may obtain copies of this Privacy Notice from the office, or download it from our website: bcmireland.ie
The personal data we hold on you
When you apply to come on one of our Camps, Clubs, Conferences or to use our facilities at Castledaly Manor either by phone, post, email or online, you provide us with personal data.
- We hold this information, together with any other information we may have asked you for, to manage your attendance at the events and any ongoing involvement you may have with BCM Ireland and or Castledaly Manor.
- We hold records of camps/clubs and information that we are legally required to store.
What we do with your personal data
- The personal data which we hold on you is kept in our National Office in Castledaly Manor by our designated office staff. It is kept confidential from all others and is held securely.
- Any of the information you have provided us with may be disclosed to the Leader directing the camp, club or event and to those of our Volunteers leading, to provide for your or your children’s needs.
- All legal/medical sensitive information for camps is kept only for the length of time required and is kept in a secure locked file room.
- Your name and fee payment may be disclosed to our Treasurer and possibly our Auditor for accounting purposes.
- If you given us your consent, we will also use your name and address or email address to mail you our Newsletter, which is published 2 – 4 times a year. We also will send you our pray to make a difference if you are on our mailing list.
- Camps will send out all information regarding camps to the addresses provided.
- We will not pass on your information to third parties.
Your Data Protection rights
The Data Protection legislation grants you the following rights in regard to the personal data we hold on you:
- to be informed (this Privacy Notice).
- to have access.
- to have any of the information amended.
- to have any of the information erased in accordance with the law.
- to restrict how we may use the information and who we may disclose it to.
- to have an electronic copy of the information.
- to remove a consent, you have granted for us to use your information.
You may exercise these rights at any time by contacting our office:
In summary, BCM Ireland will ensure your personal data is:
- used fairly and lawfully;
- kept accurate and up to date;
- used for limited, stated purposes;
- used in a way that is adequate, relevant and not excessive;
- kept for no longer than is necessary.
- handled according to your Data Protection rights;
- kept safe and secure.